About Me

My photo
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. This is a place where I'll chit-chat about my 3 boys, food, losing weight, working out, and just my crazy, busy life. Keep checking back as I work out all the kinks of my brand new blog :)

Monday, September 10, 2012

Shake it For Me

Wow. It's late.

Today wasn't too terrible for a Monday. The boys got up and ready without much effort. Keeping my fingers crossed - this is the 4th week of school and they've been doing really well so far. No having to go back and make sure someone hasn't fallen back asleep, no screaming at my oldest to get out of his hour long shower, and I've only had to remind them to get their snacks and put papers in their backpacks - oh - about 6 times :) Work flew by really quickly also.

Tonight is the late Zumba class at my gym. It starts at 8:30. It is SO hard to get home from work, make dinner, sit around and watch Food Network clean up around the house, then get back out the door 3 hours later to go the gym. Tonight, I got to the gym about 15 minutes early so I hopped on the elliptical. The Voice was on, so I plugged in my headphones and watched a little of that. Before I knew it, it was 8:35 and I looked over and saw that Zumba was about to start (there is usually an overlap because of other classes getting out). I was really tempted to just do another 30 minutes or so on the elliptical and call it a night. At the last minute, I decided to just go to the class. Best decision ever. It was an awesome class! I love this Zumba teacher - he's a guy teacher! I don't know why that fascinates me; I've just never had a guy Zumba teacher. He is fantastic.

Tonight's class was made even more fantastic when this happened:

Luke Bryan - Country Girl (Shake it For Me)

Yep! He totally had us split into two groups, facing each other, and did a line dance to Luke Bryan's Country Girl (Shake it For Me). It was so much fun. I don't even really listen to country music anymore and I loved it. It seemed like the whole class did, too. He does a routine to Tina Turner's Proud Mary too. Awesome. 

Time to hit the shower and try to actually get to sleep at a decent time tonight! Yeah right. 


2 comments:

  1. LOve your blog name ahaha Your blog is fantastic! Happy to know you and follow along with whatever other great things you come up with. Keep up the great work sista!
    xox
    Ash@ABpetite
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...thanks for reading! Obviously brand spankin new at this blogging thing, but it's fun so far :)

    ReplyDelete