About Me

My photo
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. This is a place where I'll chit-chat about my 3 boys, food, losing weight, working out, and just my crazy, busy life. Keep checking back as I work out all the kinks of my brand new blog :)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Farm Fresh Eggs

Let's see what this blogging thing is all about!

I cannot believe this weekend is already over! How come Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday never go by as quickly as Saturday and Sunday?? Can't even say I was particularly busy this weekend. I worked overtime last night but, surprisingly, that usually makes the weekends seem longer. I went to the Farmer's Market with my mom yesterday morning and got some awesome produce for the week.



I was entirely too excited about these farm fresh eggs, though! They were the coolest shade of blue. These are my mom's. Mine were brown. I learned that the color of their shells is determined by what kind of chicken hatched them. Heh. Who knew? Probably everyone but me, but whatever. Our eggs had only been hatched the day before! Told you - I was way too excited about these eggs. Not something I can buy every week. These 6 eggs cost what 18 eggs cost at the grocery store. :/


When I got home from the farmer's market, I took the two littlest boys to the pool for a little bit. 


Pondering life. Or something. :)


Today was one big lazy day. A much needed one too! Of course, around 8:00 tonight, I started remembering everything I needed to get done today; laundry, sign some papers for the boys' schools, pack my oldest son's lunch, and get my breakfast ready for the morning (Almond Joy Overnight Oats! YUM). I got the original recipe here, but I sort of just make my own version now.

(source) psh...I WISH mine looked that yummy :)
Time for me to finish that laundry, make that lunch, and sign those papers. Oh, you can be sure the oatmeal is already chilling in the fridge. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment